Putney Historical Society on Feb 25th 2014
Since 1959 the all-volunteer Putney Historical Society (PHS) has worked alongside the community to preserve and protect its history and vitality. Recently PHS has taken a major leap forward through proactive community development. As the steward of two very important local landmarks – the Putney General Store & the former United Church of Putney (now Next Stage), PHS is committed to supporting the village economy through projects which bring people downtown. PHS is partnering with the non-profit Next Stage Arts Project to transform the former church into a performing arts center, gathering place, and PHS offices.
- PHS is embarked on an amazing partnership with Next Stage Arts Project (NSAP) to restore and renovate the Next Stage Performing Arts Center at 15 Kimball Hill. This collaboration has just yielded a number of major grant successes that have given the Capital Campaign an impressive boost. To turn the former historic church into a ...more
- Friday, March 14 at 7pm
at Next Stage (15 Kimball Hill Rd.) in Putney
Download the Flyer
A Putney Historical Society Presentation
Suggested donation $10,
with all proceeds supporting
the 15 Kimball Hill / Next Stage capital campaign.
On Friday, March 14, PHS Vice President and master craftsman Timothy Ragle will give an authoritative talk about antique interiors. Using hands-on artifacts and slides ...more
- Contact: Lyssa Papazian, PHS Board Member, Chair Development Committee
(802) 387-2878, mobile (802) 579-3698, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Putney Historical Society is pleased to announce the receipt of two grants in connection with its ongoing collaboration with Next Stage Arts Project to preserve and renovate the historic, former church building at 15 Kimball Hill in Putney into a professional ...more
- The PHS is looking to make 2014 history in a hurry by shaving a couple of months off the calendar year.
In all seriousness, a printing error omitted the months of May and June* from some of the 2014 Putney Historical Society calendars. If you purchased one before Dec. 6 and it has the error, please ...more
- Cleaned up Kathan Cemetery, with much help from the cemetery commission and Daniel Hoviss, just before the Kathan family reunion last week. A successful two-day affair with presentations at PHS and the Putney Inn, as well as cemetery dedication and display of the 1700s John Kathan Bible on loan from Brooks Memorial. Headed to the ...more
No responses yet